A Birthday Letter to my Youngest Son on his 14th Birthday

As those of you that have been with me for a while know, I always write letters to my boys on their birthdays. It's my way of creating a "written snapshot" of them each year. Today, I'm sharing my annual birthday letter to my youngest son on his 14th birthday.


My sweet "baby" boy,

Because you are my youngest, I find it hard to think about you inching toward adulthood... but here we are. I can hardly believe you are 14 and headed to high school in the fall. Time really does pass far too quickly.

Although it is difficult to see you getting older, I could not be more proud of the funny, increasingly independent, and sweet young man that you becoming. Here are a few reasons you are the best 14 year old in the world:

  • You are such a clown. You are always making Dad, your brothers, and I laugh with your quirky antics.
  • You are brave. New situations have always made you anxious, but you never let it hold you back. I don't know how you manage the mental stress of being a goalie, but you are getting better at it with every coming year. (I think I am more stressed than you at this point! lol)
  • This year, you loved shopping for our new car with Dad. You've loved cars since you were a baby, so I guess nothing has really changed. 😀
  • You have a passion for sports. You play anything with a puck or ball whenever you get a chance.
  • Your favourite foods are: pasta, pancakes, crackers, Froot Roll Ups (which you only get a Christmas and on your birthday), Crispers, and cookies and cream chocolate bars.
  • You give a lot of reluctant "side hugs" lately... but you still humour me with a cuddle on the couch during movie night.
I'm so blessed and grateful to be your mother. You may be another year older, but you'll always be my "baby". I love you to the moon and back.

Love,
Mom xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....