A Birthday Letter to my Middle Son on his 16th Birthday

Every year on my boys' birthdays, I write them a letter. The intent is to keep a written record of their childhood and their growth from year to year. A love the tradition of creating annual "snapshots" of my boys. Today, my middle son turns 16, and here is his birthday letter.




To my sweet boy,

I can't believe you are turning 16, and you're going to be driving a car. It's amazing to me that my adorable, curly-haired toddler is growing into a young man. Although I wish time would slow down a bit, I'm so proud of the awesome human you are becoming. Here are a few reasons you are the best 16 year old in the world.
  • You got your first job this year, and you are loving it... especially getting a paycheque. :-)
  • You continue to love being active and love playing anything with a ball or a puck... but hockey is still your favourite.
  • You are stubborn and love to argue with me, but you are one of the most empathetic people I know. Your heart is huge!
  • You love pasta, pancakes, cereal, and gummy bears.
  • You are 6' 3", and you love to tell me how short I am. (Brat!)
You are smart and kind, and I couldn't be more proud to be your mom. I love you to the moon and back!

Love,
Mom xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....