GNOME for the Holidays (DIY felt Christmas Ornament)

 Gnomes are super trendy right now, and what could be cuter than a "GNOME for the holidays" Christmas ornament? I love a good pun, and I am really loving the adorable gnome ornaments I made for my friends and family this year. Today, I'm sharing the step by step instructions (and the templates you need) to make this super-cute felt Christmas ornament.




First, download and print the templates I created. Click on the photo below, right-click, and print it like a regular 8x10 photo. You can also insert it into a Word document and print it that way.




Cut a hat from red felt, a beard from white felt, a shirt from grey felt, and a nose from pink felt.

Then... (per the picture below) sew the beard to the to the shirt, and the hat to the beard. Finish the front of the gnome by sewing on the nose and button at the top.

To make the back of the gnome, trace the assembled pieces onto a piece of red felt, and cut out. Sew a hanger to the back piece, and then sew the front and back pieces together.




Isn't it adorable?




I can't wait to send out these darling gnomes with my Christmas cards this year. I hope you make a few for your friends and family too!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


You might also like the felt ornament ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....