DIY Boho Christmas Ornament

Recently, I've seen a lot of macrame and boho home decor, and I am loving the simplicity of the style. I made cute boho wreaths for Spring and Fall, and I thought it would be fun to incorporate the style into a Christmas tree ornament. This diy boho Christmas ornament would be a great craft for adults, but it would be fun for kids too.




To make this ornament, you'll need: wooden rings (from the dollar store), red yarn, white yarn, and scissors. 




1) Start by cutting a bunch of strips of yarn -- approx 30cm / 12 inches long. (I did 15 strands of red and 11 strands of white... but it will depend on the thickness of your yarn.)

2) Fold a yarn strand in half, and place the loop part inside the wooden circle.

3) Pull the ends of the yarn through the loop (and around the wood ring).




4) Pull the ends tight, and repeat until the entire ring is covered.




5) Tie the red strings together to form a hat. (Use the string you are tying with to make a hanger.)


6) Trim the pom pom and beard. 




Isn't it cute?




In the past, I have made yarn hat ornaments with my kids' classes and friends, and they were a big hit. I think next time, I might make these ones.

What do you think? Are you a fan of this style or not?


Gina 
(aka East Coast Mommy)



PS (You can find MORE ideas for easy and inexpensive Christmas family fun here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....