Our Family's LAST DAY OF SCHOOL Traditions... 2021 and still going strong

This school year has been a bit different because of Covid, but our last day of school traditions are still going strong. The pandemic has definitely taught us to be adaptable and resilient. Here's a peak at our THREE favourite last day of school traditions... 2021 edition.



1) First, we always get ice cream on the last day of school. I don't have a picture for 2019, but here's a look at our ice cream trips from 2014 to 2021. Pretty cute, right? It's amazing how much my boys have grown up.


2020

2021

2) The boys always get a little gift. In the past it has been a book, but this year I thought I'd change it up a little. We always have a "gift card" day as part of our summer checklist (where we gather up all our gift cards, and venture out to spend them... all in one day). So this year, I purchased a few gift cards for my boys to take with them on our "gift card adventure" day. I think it's an inexpensive, practical and fun grading gift idea.


3) And, of course, my boys always run through a "finish line" on the last day of school. We started this tradition in 2012, and we've done it every year since. He's a peak at our first year... 


And here's how it looked this year...




I think I'm going to need a bigger doorway soon! lol

How are you celebrating the end of the school year? Happy summer!!!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....