NERF Party Cake

I am not a professional cake decorator, but I love baking and decorating simple birthday cakes for my boys. They are always thrilled to have fun and unique cakes that match their party themes. Recently, I made a couple of NERF target cakes, and below, I am sharing all the simple DIY details and instructions.
I had a joint party for two of my boys, so I made one batch of vanilla cupcakes and one batch of chocolate cupcakes. Then, I arranged the cupcakes on dollar store pizza trays in the shape of targets (see picture below).

Then, I coloured icing yellow, orange, and blue... and I piped the icing onto the cupcakes.... and added some details with black icing.


I finished by adding a few (clean) NERF bullets.


My boys were sooooo pleased with their cakes, and it was easy for the party guests to grab cupcakes during breaks in their NERF battles.


Do you like to bake cakes for your children's parties? I am really pleased with how cute these cakes turned out to be... and how happy they made my sweet birthday boys!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


For a closer look, check out the video I made here:

5 comments:

  1. oh I love this idea so much I'm sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your blog and the thme you picked is super. I will be back. cakes for kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice idea!! In December month my daughter complete 5 year. I get your party cake idea and order cake online for my daughter's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any idea to get cake delivery management software for your business? Try ManageTeamz with free sign up.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....