Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today, I was looking for a way to use up my ripe bananas {other than making banana bread or muffins}, and I came across this recipe for Banana Oatmeal Cookies on the Today's Parent website.  I tried it out {with a few changes}, and they turned out quite tasty.  They have more of a muffin texture than a cookie texture, but the boys definitely want to make them again.  :-)

If you want to give them a try, here's what you do:

1)  Put the following ingredients in a big bowl, and beat {on medium} with electric beaters until the batter is smooth.
  • ¾ cup butter{room temperature}
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 large, ripe bananas {mashed}
  • ¼ tsp vanilla
2)  Stir in ¾ cup chocolate chips.
3)  In a separate bowl, combine
  • 1½ cups flour
  • 1¾ cups  rolled oats
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp cinnamon
4)  Use a wooden spoon to mix the wet and dry ingredients together.

5)  Use a small cookie scoop to scoop batter onto a cookie tray.  Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.
 
Do you always have ripe bananas that no one will eat?  I look at it as a good excuse to make some cookies.  :-)

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

** If you haven't already "liked" me on facebook, I would love to have you join me here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to find this! Banana chocolate chip cookies are her signature cookie.. they are soooo delicious! My cousins and I have treasured them for years! The only problem is, every time I get the recipe from her it flops. I will try this one next time :)

    Thank you so very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they turn out for you. Isn't it funny how we become emotionally attached to certain foods? :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....