Purple Halloween Plaque

I have been looking for some Halloween decor that is not orange and black.  I have seen some fun purple accents, and I thought it might be fun to make a purple sign out of a $2 wooden plaque I found at the dollar store.  I was really pleased with how it turned out, and my boys love the glittery purple spiders.  :-)


Here's how I did it:

You'll need:  a wooden sign from the dollar store, a piece of scrapbook paper, purple foam (for the letters), black paint, and Mod Podge.  (I used glittery spiders from the dollar store for embellishments, but this is optional.)


Step 1:  Lightly sand the plaque to get rid of the rough edges.  Then, paint the edges of the plaque black. 

Step 2:  Trace the top of the plaque onto a piece of decorative paper, cut it out, and glue it in place.  (Don't you love the cute spider web paper I found?)  Cover with a couple of layers of Mod Podge. 

Step 3:  Trace and cut out purple foam letters.  (I printed the word "Boo!" on my computer to use as a template.)  Glue letters in place.


Step 4:  Add embellishments if desired.  I thought some glittery purple spiders would be fun.

That's it... pretty cute for a couple of dollars, right? 

I hope this inspires you to add some "purple" to your Halloween decorations. 

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

12 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you used! Purple is one of my favorite Halloween colors. I love it:) I am a new follower!
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice .. love the purple in it.. looks great.. love the ideas that u always got.. another on that i will have to make time for...

    Jennifer
    ferlee27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I love the colors in that spiderweb paper! Thanks for sharing - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Love this Halloween decor idea. Purple is a perfect substitution for the traditional colors of Halloween :) Thanks for linking up!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! New follow here from www.craftgeekjj.blogspot.com I love this sign it is so simple but the paper makes it so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo i love your sign! This weekend I need to get on with the halloween decor already!!!
    hope to see you at scrappy saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Gina

    I have some good news for you- you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! I just love your blog and you deserve it. You can find out more by going to

    http://homesweetbutterfly.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger.html.
    Have a great weekend.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I would love for you to link this up to My Favorite Things Halloween Party going on all month! I hope to see you there!
    XoXo
    ~Iffy~
    www.StayAtHomeNation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! I'm not a fan of the occupants of webs but without the unmentionables, they can be really cute. :o)

    I'm a new follower from Cure for the Common Monday.

    Please feel free to link up to my Make Yourself Monday blog hop!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. While you may properly possess the talents of designing, somebody does even now should sew the attire to create your technology a reality. Some inside the eye-catching objects stocked up by Isabel Marant Dress. This may properly telephone call for producing a cease with a attire store to evaluation the sewing options for you. This could also provide you with the probability to seek help from straight getting a artist to create any alterations and minor modifications in detail you may properly have overlooked. Your trip will also permit you to definitely compile the advertising price of sewing it. The certainly specific concern concerning the brand brand is its ability to stand out by method of the crowd with its one-of-a-kind design & desire collection. Sizes, colors, styles and prints are plentiful & plethoric!
    cccccxxzzdf isabel marant bekket high-top suede sneakers

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea, it sounds really wonderful! And thanks for the tips as to where you can find the supplies. Thank you for all that you do for designers everywhere.
    Marquee signs for sale

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....