Easy Black Ninja Costume (no sewing required)

Last year my middle son decided that he wanted to be the white ninja from LEGO Ninjago, and this year he wants to be a black ninja. In order to give him the look he desired, I used duct tape to create a simple no-sew black ninja costume.


Didn't it turn out cute?


To make the ninja shirt, I took one of my old black shirts and I added red duct tape (see below). Then, I drew a ninja star onto an old cereal box, cut it out, and covered it with grey duct tape. I used hot glue to attach the ninja star to a piece of red ribbon to create a belt.


To make the hood, I used the same method I used when my son was a white ninja.

1) I started with a plain black turtleneck. 

2) I pulled the turtleneck over my son's head until it was covering his ears and nose.

3) I pulled the back of the shirt up over his forehead.

4) I tied the arms around the back of his head.

5) I adjusted the hood until it had the desired look.


I love a simple DIY costume, and this one was really inexpensive and easy to make. My 8 year old is super-excited about his black ninja costume, and I am happy that he is so pleased with it... and that I didn't have to sew anything!

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)



You can find more no-sew costume ideas here.






4 comments:

  1. Love it!

    Last year my son went as Clumsy Ninja (from the game of the same name) and it was one of the easiest costumes I have ever made. I used blanket binding (in red) to make his sash and headband and have come up with 1000 uses for the binding since. :D

    The best part of Halloween, I have decided, is the creativity that comes from making costumes! So fun!

    Great post! Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are a GENIUS and have just saved me time and $$ and tantrum!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....