Simple DIY Hockey Cakes

I am not a professional cake decorator, but I love making simple cakes for my boys' birthdays.  Today, I am sharing the secrets behind the two easy hockey cakes I made for my oldest son's 9th birthday.


I made both of these cakes with cake mixes in 9X13 pans.  I greased the pans well to make sure they came out in one piece.  Also, I did a crumb coats, refrigerated the cakes, and then did final layers of icing.

For the first cake, I did a full ice surface, and I used the figures off my boys' tabletop hockey table (after washing them thoroughly, of course).


For the second cake, I did a partial ice surface, and I used some cake toppers I purchased from the bakery department at my local supermarket.


I think my boys' appreciate the time I spend making their cakes special, and I enjoy it too.  Do you prefer homemade or professional cakes for your children's cakes?

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

10 comments:

  1. We prefer simple homemade cakes too.
    I rwcently made a snowflake out of blue sugar for our 1 year old and we iced a cake with both chocolate (dirt) and vanilla (snow) icing and placed a Monster Truck on top for our 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be great if you make your children to do homework very fast. I think that https://justdomyhomework.com/blog/homework-help-websites will help help all the parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this article. Apple Payment Method Declined. I really love it. please keep sharing the good articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy language is very important to write any article or blog, these all thing, i can get in your article. I am very glad from your writing article, lots of thanks, I would like to inform you about the Australian assignment help to make assignment quickly. Australian assignment help

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is not unusual if you are getting technical problem with your printer because technical glitches are common to every electronic device. If you are a technical person then apply some basic troubleshooting steps to fix the problem. On the other hand, you can contact Hp Customer Service phone number to get help from experts. https://www.hpprintersupportpro.com/hp-printer-customer-service

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....