Homemade "Instant" Oatmeal

My youngest son likes oatmeal, but I don't like giving him the "just add water" packages, so recently, I have started making this homemade "instant" oatmeal in the microwave.  It literally only takes a couple minutes to make.


Here's what you'll need:

1/2 cup quick oats
3/4 cup 1% milk
1 tsp brown sugar
pinch of salt (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Then:

1) Mix oats and milk in a bowl, and microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
2) Remove from microwave, add brown sugar and cinnamon, and stir.

That's it!  I cool mine down by adding a little milk, and sometimes I sprinkle a little more brown sugar  or a drizzle of real maple syrup on top, but these are both optional.  



This homemade oatmeal is perfect for busy mornings, and it is a favorite of my 5 year old. Give it a try and let me know what you think.


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

4 comments:

  1. “I was looking for this information in search engines and thank god I got this information here. Thanks a lot”

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just made this today! I'm sharing it on my blog!
    My daughter made it and she really liked it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just made this today! I'm sharing it on my blog!
    My daughter made it and she really liked it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it. I made it this morning too. I actually make it most mornings. :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....