I thought they looked like fun, so I let the boys take the lead making our "ghost" cookie pops. The ones the boys made are not pretty like Amy's, but they didn't seem to notice. :-)
Here's how you can make some of these fun treats:
1) Gather your supplies. You will need: Double stuff Oreos, white chocolate chips or candy melts, wooden stir sticks, and wax paper.
2) Insert stick into the middle of the Oreo -- gently.
3) Melt the chocolate according to the package directions. We put ours in the microwave for two minutes at 50%.
4) Spoon the melted chocolate onto the Oreo until the entire surface is covered, and then lay on wax paper to dry. (We coated the front and the back, and then the sides. Make sure to put some around the base of the stick so that when the chocolate hardens, the stick will be secure.)
5) Decorate as desired (while the chocolate is still soft). We just used mini chocolate chips because we had them in the pantry, but any kind of candy/decorations could be used.
6) Wait for them to dry/harden. You may want to transfer them to the fridge to speed up the process. If your kids are anything like mine, they will find it hard to wait.
Sugar and mess.... does it get any better for little boys???? Give it a try with your little ones, and let me know how it goes.
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)