6 Genius TIPS and DOLLAR STORE PRODUCTS for organizing under the KITCHEN sink

I love getting organized... but I never seem to have a lot of time or money to invest. So, I'm always on the look out for cheap dollar store solutions that work well. Today, I'm sharing the tips and dollar store products that REALLY worked for me.



Here's a peek at the BEFORE. Pretty bad, right?!?




And here's how I fixed it...

1) I emptied the cupboard, gave it a good cleaning, and covered the bottom with contact paper.




I used these wipes (from the dollar store for cleaning).




And I used this contact paper to cover the bottom of the cupboard. It is only $1.25 at the dollar store, and it makes the area easier to clean... and it looks better.




2) I assessed the space, and headed to the dollar store to get bins and baskets for the items I needed to organize. These two baskets were inexpensive, and worked well for storing items I don't use often in the back of the cupboard. I can just pull out the basket for easy access when I need them.




3) This tall and narrow container fit perfectly into a narrow space at the front of my cupboard. I used it for my dishwasher tabs so they are easy to grab every time I need them.




4) These stackable baskets are perfect for using the vertical space at the front of the cabinet. I purchased two, and filled them with the items I use most frequently.




I organized everything, and inserted my garbage can, and here's how it turned out. Pretty great for a little time and money, right?!?




5) I also put a couple of hooks on the door. They are easy to stick on, and they are perfect for hanging items like cleaning spray and scissors. I can now grab them quickly and easily any time I need them.





6) The dollar store towel racks are also great, and I hung one on the outside of my cupboard door. It's a perfect place for my dishcloth.





For a closer look at how I organized under my kitchen sink (and the inexpensive products I used), take a peak at this short (under 5 minutes) video.




What do you think? If you have a genius idea for organizing under the kitchen sink, let me know. I'm always looking for new, easy, and inexpensive ways to make my home more organized!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)



You might also be interested in my interior door painting tips and tricks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....