An Easy Way to Brighten Up the Interior of Your Home... without spending a lot money

I am all about decorating on a budget, and I love when I can update a space without spending much money. Recently, my husband and I decided to paint the interior of our front door a light blue colour, and it really transformed the space. Today, I am sharing the details of our little DIY decor project... along with the before and after pictures. Take a look and let me know what you think!


Originally, the interior of our front door was white, so on a sunny (not too hot) afternoon, my husband removed the hardware from our front door, I hit the paint store, and we got to work.


The keys to painting a door like this are: 

  • use a quality paint
  • use a combination of a brush (for the inset parts of the door) a foam roller (for a smooth finish)



Here is how the door turned out. We added an inexpensive navy mat from Walmart (that cost $20.97), and homemade twine monogram. What do you think?


I love paint projects because you can take chances with colour (knowing that it can easily be changed). I'm loving how much it brightens up the space, don't you?


The door looks great on it's own, but I'm enjoying the addition of the monogram I made. You can find the full tutorial here.


Have you painted any interior doors in your home? This was my first one... but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be my last!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)



You can find more easy and inexpensive home decor inspiration here.

1 comment:

Don't miss any of the fun....