If your kids have ever said "I'm Bored"... I've got the perfect summer boredom buster ideas for you!

When I was a kid... we weren't allowed to swear, and we weren't allowed to say, "I'm Bored". Now that I am a mother, I totally understand why these rules existed. When my children are looking for something to do, I usually just kick them outside and tell them to find their own adventure... but on occasion (especially on rainy days when I am trying to limit screen use), I like to have a few suggestions up my sleeve. Today, I am sharing a simple idea that is guaranteed to help... an "I'm Bored Jar". I'm sharing the free printable jar label too!


Basically, I picked up an inexpensive jar from the dollar store, added a label, and filled the jar with slips of paper containing ideas for simple activities. Cute, right?


The ideas in the jar should be inexpensive and simple. For example:

  • Have a picnic
  • Read a book outside
  • Have a water fight
  • Go for a walk
  • Watch a movie
  • Build a fort
  • Get ice cream
  • Play something with a ball
  • Go for a bike ride
  • Bake something
  • Make a craft
  • Do a science experiment
  • Play a board game
  • Try a new food
  • Build a puzzle
  • Have a dance party
  • Go on a scavenger hunt
  • Play tag
  • Write a letter

You can make your own label for the jar or you can use mine. 

To download the label I designed: click on the picture below, right-click, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 4x6 photo.


Don't you love when a simple idea works well and makes your life easier?


This is a wonderful idea any time of year, but it's especially great for summer. What activities will you put in your jar?


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....