My Favorite Dollar Store Decorating HACKS for Christmas

Is there anything more satisfying than creating unique holiday decor on a budget? I love finding simple ways to add festive flair to my home, and today I'm share my favourtie dollar store holiday decorating HACKS.




Update something cheap to look high end - The dollar store has many inexpensive decor pieces that can easily be upgraded to look more high end.

For example, I found a cheap dollar store square frame, and I painted it with shiny red spray paint. Then, I added a fun Santa decoration I found at the dollarstore (with hot glue). I finished by using hot glue to attach dollar store greenery and pom poms. Isn't my Santa wreath adorable? You'd never guess it only cost me a couple of dollars to make!




You could also use the frame to make an ornament wreath. Just hang a couple of ornaments from twine, and use hot glue to add a bow and hanger.



Think outside the box - It's always fun to find everyday items at the dollar store and use them in a unique way. 

For example, this year the dollar store had some super-fun Christmas movie themed wrapping paper, so I used it to wrap pictures I already had hanging in my hallway. I love the big impact this simple DIY has! 


I also wrapped my plain white driveway markers with red electrical tape to get a North Pole / candy cane effect. It was a simple way to add a festive flair to the outside of my home.



Use what you have - Sometimes the best way to come up with something great is to use what you already have and add some dollar store items to make it better / different. 

For example, I recently made a Christmas arrangement with branches and boughs from the trees in my yard. Then, I added a dollar store bow and a couple of dollar store stems. I love how it turned out, and it only cost a few dollars!



Make ornaments and decorations from dollar store supplies - The dollar store has countless supplies for making ornaments and decorations. Browse blogs and Pinterest for inspirations, grab some supplies, and get busy.

How cute are these ornaments made from dollar store popsicle sticks and craft paint?




And these "Elf" inspired crafts are made using mostly dollar store supplies. 




You can find all the details for inexpensive "Elf Movie" decor here.




And this adorable Santa ornament is made with a wooden ring from the dollar store. Cute, right?!? You can find the step by step instructions here.



Dollar store decorating doesn't need to look cheap... especially if you pair dollar store items with a little creativity. Do you have a favourite dollar store decorating HACK? I hope I've inspired you to try a couple of mine.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


You might also like the Christmas DIYs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....