How to Plan a Valentine's Day FAMILY Date Night

Disclosure: I received compensation from Greco for this post, but (as always), the opinions expressed in this blog are 100% my own.

Valentine's Day is all about showing love, and I love my ALL boys (my husband and my three sons)! So in my house, we like to celebrate Valentine's Day as a family. Friday night family movie night is a weekly highlight in our house, so a simple Valentine's Day movie night is the perfect way for us to celebrate Valentine's Day. Today, I am sharing my favourite tips, tricks, and shortcuts for planning the perfect EASY Valentine's Day family date night.


Step one is to set the stage with a few decoration... and it doesn't take much effort. A dollar store tablecloth and garland, and a few heart shaped balloons are all you need.


Then, you'll need a "zero effort" supper. How cute are these heart-shaped pizzas from Greco? We got a pizza and garlic fingers, and they were both delicious. Supper doesn't get much easier than ordering pizza!


Finally, you'll need some popcorn, and a sweet treat for dessert. These individual cheesecakes are perfect for movie night, because you can grab them, and eat them on the couch. (They are also super-easy to make... from a mix!)


To make cheesecakes in jars:

1) Start with an instant cheesecake mix and fruit. (I used raspberries.)

2) Prepare the graham cracker crust (according to package directions) and divide it evenly between 6 small jars. (You can use a spoon to press the crust into the bottom of the jars, but I used a little tool made from a skewer, a piece of cardboard, and a piece of tin foil.)

3) Prepare the cheesecake layer (according to package directions) and divide it evenly between the 6 small jars. (I used a spoon, but if you want it extra neat, you can use a piping bag.)

4) Top with fruit, and refrigerate.


I also designed cute tags for my jars which you can download for free. 

To download these "You are sweeter than cheesecake" tags: click on the photo below, right-click, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 4x6 photo.


As you can see from my boys' smiling faces, the heart-shaped pizza and garlic fingers were a hit... and I LOVE when I don't have to cook supper.



How do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Do you enjoy a romantic dinner for two, or do you prefer a family celebration? However you choose to celebrate... I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day with the people you love!


Gina
(aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....