EASY DIY Christmas Decor Ideas (that you are going to want to try THIS year)

Holiday decor doesn't need to be expensive or elaborate to be fantastic. In fact, sometimes easy and inexpensive DIY ideas having the biggest impact. Today, I am sharing a few of my favourite ideas for easy DIY Christmas Decor Ideas.



1) Wrapped pictures - Wrapping existing artwork is a wonderful way to transform a space, and it barely costs anything. I always wrap the pictures in my hallway, and they automatically make the area look festive and fun. What do you think?




2) Holiday wreath (from a dollar store frame) - Making a custom wreath for your front door is a fantastic way to decorate the exterior of your home. I love the uniqueness of this square wreath made from a dollar store frame, don't you? Check out the simple "how to" here.



3) Garland and lights - Nothing adds Christmas sparkle to a home like garland and lights. It's inexpensive and adds a "cozy feel" to a space.



4) Felt Santa wreath - A whimsical homemade wreath is a fun option this time of year. I adore this simple Santa wreath made from felt and a dollar store hat. Find the full "how to" here.



5) Makeshift mantle - Unfortunately, my current home doesn't have a fireplace, but I still need a place for the kids to hang their stockings. If you're in the same situation as me, consider using stocking hangers on a window sill. It's not as good as a fire place, but it works well and looks great.



6) Epson salt Christmas scene - How cute is this little "snowy" scene I made in less than 5 minutes? I used a glass container I already had, added epson salts, and inserted a little glass house and glittery trees I found at the dollar store. I added small battery operated lights, but it's cute without them too.



7) Grinch Door - I love this simple vignette made from construction paper and dollar store supplies. Find the full instructions for this adorable Grinch door here.



8) Jingle Bell Wreath - If you can wrap yarn around a wreath form, you can make this simple jingle bell wreath. Find the step by step instructions here.



9) Yarn Wrapped Christmas Mongram - This DIY monogram is a fun alternative to a traditional wreath. You can find out how easy it is to make here.



10) "Bottle Brush Tree" Winter Wreath - This wreath is great for Christmas, but the winter theme makes it perfect for after the holidays too. Find the simple DIY instructions here.



What's your favourite DIY Christmas decorating tip? Do you think you will try any of my ideas? I just love decorating this time of year, don't you?


Gina
(aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

  1. So many great ideas! Love the idea to wrap artwork. Where did you get your stocking hangers? My current house has a fireplace and I’d love to actually hang the stockings.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....