Simple Valentine's Day Pancakes

My boys love pancakes, so on February 14th, it is always one of the meals I serve. I like to make our Valentine's Day pancakes extra special with a simple trick I have been using for years. All you need is: your favourite pancake recipe or mix, a little red food colouring, and a heart-shaped cookie cutter.

To make simple Valentine's Day pancakes:

1) Divide your batter into two bowls, and add food colouring to one of the bowls.
2) Cook one pancake in each colour.
3) Use a cookie cutter to cut a heart from each of the pancakes.
4) Switch the hearts.
That's it! Isn't this the easiest way to make an impressive and festive Valentine's Day meal?


I always serve these pancakes with milk in a wine glass for a little added touch of fun.


What do you serve your kids on Valentine's Day? If you are looking for a simple solution to your mealtime dilemma, I highly recommend giving this a try. Happy Valentine's Day!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

Don't miss any of the fun....