Simple Heart Shaped Cake {no special pan required}

I don't have room to store a bunch of specialty cake pans, so I love the idea of making a heart-shaped cake for Valentines day without having to buy a heart-shaped pan.


To make a simple heart-shaped cake for your little sweethearts, all you need to do is make one square cake and one round cake.  (I used a cake mix for my cakes.)


Then, trim the cakes (if necessary), cover with a crumb coat, and put the cake in the fridge for about 20 minutes to set the icing.

Finish the cake by icing and decorating it any way you want.  You can even let the kids do it.

Don't you love how simple this heart-shaped cake is to make?  I think it would make a fun Valentine's Day dessert, don't you?

 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

Don't miss any of the fun....