Simple Felt Ornament - Santa Belly

Every year, I come up with a simple felt ornament that I can send out with my Christmas cards.  Because I make so many, I always design something that is easy, inexpensive, and lightweight.  Here is the felt ornament I am sending out this year.


Cute, right?  My 4 year old calls it a "Santa Belly" ornament.  


Here's how easy it is to make your own:

1)  Cut two identical circles from red felt.  {Mine were about 3 inches in diameter.}

2)  Cut a black strip of felt, and stitch it onto the middle of one of the circles.  {Mine was about 1/4" wide.}

3)  Sew a yellow button onto the middle of the circle with the black stripe.

4)  Attach a ribbon hanger, and stitch the 2nd red circle onto the back of the front circle.

This year, I made 60 of these ornaments.  I think they make sending out Christmas cards a little more fun, don't you?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! 60! Holy smokes you must love sewing, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....