Pool Noodle Lightsabers

For my son's 7th birthday, I made all of the guests {20 of them} lightsabers out of pool noodles.  I have seen a ton of different versions floating around on the web, but today I am sharing my version.


Aren't they so cute?

Here is how I made them:

1)  My husband cut all the pool noodles in half using a utility knife.  Then, I used silver duct tape to create a handle.  I made a "criss cross" on the bottom.  Then, I wrapped four separate pieces around the noodle. 


2)  Then, I made a simple design using black electrical tape {see below}, and I added a little red sticker for a power button.


The pool noodles are great for little ones because they are so soft.


I think these the lightsabers were the highlight of our DIY Star Wars party.  I would highly recommend them for any Star Wars celebration.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

10 comments:

  1. cute idea, but make sure you give them out as kids are leaving. We received them at a party once & it was CHAOS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thanks for letting me share this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and your instructions are very clear-thanks! Where did you get the red sticker for the power button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at the dollar store. They come in a package with hundreds of red, green, yellow and blue stickers.

      Delete
  4. So cute! They look great! Did you put glow sticks inside them so they glowed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't, but that's a fun idea. I don't know how well it would work, but it's worth a try!

      Delete
  5. So cute! I am about to start this project for my son's party in 2 weeks. It is at an indoor pool. Do you think the tape would hold up for the kids to actually play with them in the pool, or is it best to just hand them out as favors at the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would hold up. The duct tape is pretty waterproof... though I am not sure about the electrical tape. My boys have never played with them in a pool, so I am not 100% sure.

      Delete
  6. I love your light sabers. I'm making them for my 5 year olds birthday next month. My question is how many light sabers do you get out of 1 pool noodle- I'm thinking 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the length of the pool noodle, but I got two out of mine.

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....