To make my mom's simple banana chocolate chip muffins:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a muffin tin.
2) Whisk the following dry ingredients together:
2 cups of flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
3) Beat the following ingredients together:
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter (cooled)
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
4) Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined, and pour batter evenly into the muffin tin (to make 12 muffins).
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
I make these muffins every couple of weeks, and I often freeze them for school lunches. If you give them a try, let me know what you think.
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)