I normally make snow ice cream with condensed milk, but I didn't have any in my cupboard, so I used this modified recipe:
- Big bowl of fluffy, clean, freshly fallen snow (approx. 8 cups)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (or a little less if you want it a little less sweet)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (I used 2%)
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- desired toppings (e.g. chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, m&ms, whipped cream, etc...)
Collect the snow, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and stir until combined. Add evaporated milk and vanilla, and stir again. Serve immediately, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
This really is the perfect snow day treat. My boys love it made with condensed milk and with the evaporated milk and sugar. If you give both recipes a try, let me know if you have a favourite.
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)