DIY Prize Punch

When it comes to children's parties, the little "DIY" details are what make the event special. For my son's 9th birthday, I made this simple (and totally fun) DIY prize punch.  It was a big hit with the party guests.


To make your own DIY prize punch, you'll need:  a piece of foam core, tissue paper, plastic glasses, tissue paper, scissors, and a glue gun.

Then:

1) Fill each cup with a little prize.  {My son's party had a hockey theme, so our cups contained hockey cards.}

2) Cover each cup with two squares of tissue paper, and secure in place with hot glue.

3) Use hot glue to secure the cups to the foam core.


That's it!  With a small amount of effort, you will have a board full of prizes that can be claimed by choosing a cup and "poking" through the tissue paper.

Isn't this inexpensive DIY prize punch adorable?  I love that the prizes can be customized to any party theme.

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


PS (Here's a fun carnival game I made for a carnival themed birthday party.)



It would be fun for a Christmas countdown too.


And if you are looking for some easy carnival games, you might want to check out this fantastic post (with tons of DIY carnival games made from recycled materials and dollar store supplies)

Click here to read more.

10 comments:

  1. This would work really well for an Advent Calendar too (but perhaps at a smaller scale).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love this idea! Can you tell me what size cups did you use? Oh also, what size is the foam core board?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love this idea! Can you tell me what size cups did you use? Oh also, what size is the foam core board?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Solo cups, and the foam core is poster sized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what size solo cups did you use? 9oz etc Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use any size. Mine were the regular-size ones they had at the dollar store. They were big enough to fit hockey cards.

      Delete
  6. Did u hang this up or was it set on table? N also did use glue gun to glue cups on board?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did u hang this up or was it set on table? And did use glue gun to glue cups on board?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set it on the floor, and I used a glue gun. The step by step instructions are in this post.

      Delete

I LOVE to hear from you.. Please leave me your comments below... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...