To my awesome oldest son,
As you get older, you are changing and becoming more independent, but you still have the same kind heart you have always had. You really are a sweet, well-rounded boy, and I love you more each day.
Here are a few of the reasons that you are the most special 9 year old in the whole world:
- You give everything you do 110%. Your focus and intensity is something Daddy and I really admire about you.
- You were recently voted co-captain of your hockey team (by your teammates), and Daddy and I are proud that you were recognized for your strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- You love playing with your brothers... especially mini sticks, basketball, and chess. I love that you are all good buddies.
- You love Friday night because we always have pancakes and watch a movie together as a family. I'm happy that you aren't too old to snuggle with your mother.
- You love choir and playing your guitar (when we have a little time away from the rink).
- You still call me Mommy, and I love it... even though I know it will likely come to an end soon.
- You love peanut butter sandwiches and would eat them at every meal if I let you.
- Your favorite color is red, your hockey number is 7, and you want to be a hockey player when you grow up (after attending university, of course).
Happy birthday my little angel. You may be 9, but you'll always be my first baby.
Lots of Love,