Birthday Letter to My Oldest Boy... turning 9

In keeping with tradition, today I wrote a birthday letter to my oldest son on his 9th birthday.  He continues to be a sweet and caring boy, and I continue to be proud to be his mother.


To my awesome oldest son,

As you get older, you are changing and becoming more independent, but you still have the same kind heart you have always had.  You really are a sweet, well-rounded boy, and I love you more each day.

Here are a few of the reasons that you are the most special 9 year old in the whole world:

  • You give everything you do 110%.  Your focus and intensity is something Daddy and I really admire about you.
  • You were recently voted co-captain of your hockey team (by your teammates), and Daddy and I are proud that you were recognized for your strong work ethic and positive attitude.
  • You love playing with your brothers... especially mini sticks, basketball, and chess.  I love that you are all good buddies.
  • You love Friday night because we always have pancakes and watch a movie together as a family.  I'm happy that you aren't too old to snuggle with your mother.
  • You love choir and playing your guitar (when we have a little time away from the rink).
  • You still call me Mommy, and I love it... even though I know it will likely come to an end soon.
  • You love peanut butter sandwiches and would eat them at every meal if I let you.
  • Your favorite color is red, your hockey number is 7, and you want to be a hockey player when you grow up (after attending university, of course).

Happy birthday my little angel.  You may be 9, but you'll always be my first baby.

Lots of Love,

Mommy
xoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....