A FINAL Birthday Letter to my Oldest Son on his 18th Birthday

When my boys were little, I decided to write them birthday letters every year on the day they were born. My goal was to create a "snap shot" of their personalities at the different stages of their childhoods. Today, my oldest son turns 18. As he enters adulthood, I am writing my LAST birthday letter to him. It's amazing how quickly time passes! 😭




To my oldest boy,

I literally can't believe that my first baby is an adult. I guess it's true that time flies when you are having fun -- and it has been an absolute joy watching you grow up. I couldn't be more proud of the wonderful human you have become. Being your mother is a blessing I don't take for granted. 💗

Here are a few of the reasons you are fantastic:

  • You are smart, kind, and friendly. Dad and I joke that you are the "Mayor of Antigonish" because you are always chatting with people everywhere we go.
  • You are a hard worker, and never complain about all the things you have on your plate. You excel academically, you have two jobs, you play competitive hockey, and you still find time to volunteer and have fun with your friends.
  • You are a great big brother. The three of you have a lot of fun together, and you set a wonderful example for them.
  • You love: pasta, steak, pizza, peanut butter on homemade white rolls, and Reeses peanut butter cups. You also love the Toronto Maple Leafs!
  • You graduated from high school this year and "killed" your Valedictorian speech. I was very proud!
  • You started university, and are embracing the new experience. I can't wait to see where your new path takes you!

You may be a legal adult, but you will always be my first baby. I love you to the moon and back!

Love,

Mom xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....