NEW high-end Halloween decor (DOLLAR STORE finds and DIYs)

I love high end holiday decor, but I don't like the price tag. So... I like to search out dollar store finds and come up with my own DIYs. Today, I have FIVE fantastic items to share with you. You'll never believe what I made from a dollar store car cleaning cloth!

PS (Don't forget to check out the step by step instruction video on YouTube here... or at the end of the post.)




1) I am in love with this DIY. I found these fuzzy car cleaning cloths at my local dollar store, and I knew they'd be perfect for making a no-sew ghost pillow. They come 6 to a pack... so one package is enought to make 3 ghosts.


Cut a ghost shape from one of the cloths, use the ghost shape as a template to create an identical shape from another one of the cloths, use hot glue to attach the shapes together (leaving an opening for stuffing), turn it inside out, stuff the pillow with polyfill, close the opening with hot glue, use hot glue to attach a face made of felt.



2) I love a holiday wreath, and with a little DIY, it's easy to make something fun and unique for Halloween. For this wreath, I used: a dollar store wreath form, dollar store yarn, and a dollar store wooden cut out.




I wrapped a wreath form with black yarn (securing with hot glue periodically). Then, I cover with cat with some scrap fabric I had in my craft stash. To finish, I used hot glue to attach the cat to the wreath and added a bit of ribbon.

I think it's a wonderful piece of neutral, farmhouse decor for Halloween. What do you think?



3) There is nothing better than a super-easy DIY, and it doesn't get easier than this photo display. I found a cute black and gold clipboard, and it is the perfect vessel for displaying seasonal artwork.


I used mine with this adorable Halloween water colour picture I designed. You can grab your own copy (FOR FREE) here.



4) I love the seasona dollar store mats, and this one is perfect for Halloween. I love to layer it with a larger mat for a high end look.


And don't forget to pick up some Halloween goodies at great prices. 😁



5) These candle holders are one of my favourite things to buy from my local dollar store. They are perfect for making tiered trays, but I also like using them to elevate and display decor.


Here I painted one with white chalk paint and one with matte black spray paint. Don't they look great in this black and white Halloween display?


For a closer look at all these ideas for high-end Halloween decor, check out the YouTube video below.




Do you have a favourite dollar store find or DIY for Halloween? Happy Halloween!!!!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


You may also be interested in the Halloween ideas here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....