5 Plastic Bulb Ornament Ideas

Clear plastic bulbs are easy to find anywhere craft supplies are sold, and they are wonderful for making unique and personalized DIY ornaments. Adults and children can have a lot of fun creating ornaments with this versatile crafting material. Today, I am sharing 5 of my favourite plastic bulb ornament ideas.



1) Fill the bulb with tiny momentos - Include tiny trinkets that relate to something meaningful that happened in the current year. For 2020, I filled my bulb with an Amazon box, a little roll of toilet paper, and tiny mask.



2) Add a ribbon - This is a great ornament for a child to make. The child can cut a piece of ribbon equal to his/her height and place it in the ribbon. Then, they can add a tag that says "This ribbon is special and I'll tell you why. It's as long as I am high." The child can write their name, age, and height on the back of the tag.

To print the tags, I designed: click on the picture below, right-click, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 4x6 photo.



3) Insert a photo - Nothing is more personal than a picture, so adding a photo to a clear bulb is a wonderful idea. A photo in a bulb makes a perfect gift and/or keepsake. 



4) Fill the bulb with candy - Candy is colourful and fun. I love the idea of filling a bulb with goodies. Last Christmas, I filled bulbs with Skittles and added a "May your days be Merry and Bright" gift tag. It's a cute secret Santa gift or stocking stuffer.



To print the tags I designed: click on the picture below, right-click, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 4x6 photo.



5) Create a keepsake - Find something sentimental, and pop it in a plastic bulb. Graduation tassels and baby hats are perfect options. I made these cute bulbs for my boys, and I hope someday they hang them on trees in their own homes.




Have you ever made a plastic bulb ornament? You can fill them with anything... paper, glitter, trinkets, ribbon, etc. 

You really are only limited by your imagination, which is what makes them so fun!

Let me know what you've made. I'm always looking for new ideas. 

💗 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....