DIY Minion Costume... made using dollar store supplies

I love a good homemade costume, don't you? I especially love that the finished creations are unique and budget friendly. So, when my 10 year old said he wanted a minion costume that "looked like a mascot", I headed to the dollar store, and I got to work on my DIY Minion Costume (made from dollar store supplies).


I started with a dome-shaped candy bowl, and I used Mod Podge to attach yellow napkins. (Hint: I found the napkins thin and hard to work with, so I recommend using strips of yellow paper instead.)



Then, I cut a mouth out of a round laundry basket, covered it with yellow dish cloths (secured in place with duct tape), and attached a pop up hamper (with twine).




I cut two holes in the sides of a pop up hamper, and covered it in yellow dishcloths. Then, I used black duct tape, mason jar lids, and eyeballs printed on cardstock to make the Minion eyes.


Then, I used hot glue to attach pipe cleaner "hair" and duct tape to attached paper teeth.


Finally, I covered an old apron in blue duct tape to make the overalls. Cute, right?


My son was super-impressed with his costume, and I thought he looked super-cute. There really is nothing better than a DIY Halloween costume.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

         Find MORE ideas for easy and inexpensive Halloween fun here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....