Felt Angel Ornaments

Every year, I design and stitch a new felt Christmas ornament for my family and friends. I like to keep the design simple, and I use felt so that it is light and I can mail it with my Christmas cards. This year, I made adorable felt angels.


I started by cutting the follow from felt: 2 red bodies, a gold heart, gold hair (front and back), a beige face and white wings. I also cut a piece of yarn to be used as a hanger.


Then...

1) I stitched the heart to the front of one of the body pieces, I attached the hanger, and I stitched the front and back of the body together (with the wings inserted between the two pieces).


2) I stitched the hair to the front and back of the ornament.


3) I added eyes and a mouth with black fabric paint.


This is a simple design that is easy to sew, and it results in a charming little ornament to share with friends and family. 



I love this ornament, don't you? The felt is super-easy to work with too, so this is a fantastic project for beginners. Do you have any special homemade ornaments on your Christmas tree? Handmade treasures are my favourites!


Gina
 (aka East Coast Mommy)



PS (You can find more simple felt ornament designs here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....