Birthday Letter to my Middle Son on his 11th Birthday

My boys' baby books did not get filled out (due to the fact that I had three boys in three and a half years), so when they were little, I started writing letters to them on their birthdays. My hope is that the letters will capture the unique things about their personalities that I never want to forget. Today, I am sharing the birthday letter I wrote for my middle son on his 11th birthday.


My sweet and spunky boy,

As you move too quickly toward your teenage years, I remember your adorable baby face, your crazy toddler hair and the kind boy are you right now. You draw people in with your easy-going personality, and I could not be more proud to be your mother. Here are a few things that make you the special boy that you are:

  • You are friends with everyone. (You get invited to more birthday parties than anyone I have ever met.) People love to be around you, and you love to surround yourself with people.
  • You have a smile that lights up your face, and you always have a twinkle in your eye. I think it's my favourite thing about you.
  • You love to be moving. You enjoy hockey, golf, softball, tag, man-tracker, riding your bike, and more!
  • You love playing hockey with your team, and you love playing street hockey with your brothers.
  • Listening to music is one of your favourite things to do. You make great playlists, and you know the words to a lot of songs.
  • You are really smart, and you enjoy figuring things out and building things. You love LEGO.
  • You take your time with everything. It takes you forever to do your homework... but when you are done, it is perfect. You also take a long time to transition to a new activity. "Just a few more minutes" is one of your favourite lines! lol
  • You love to cuddle. When I went on class trips with you this year, you weren't at all embarrassed to sit with me and give me hugs. I hope I have a few more years before you don't want to be seen with me! :-)
You can be very stubborn, and when you set your mind to something, it is not easy to change it... but although it can drive me crazy, it is a quality that I know will serve you well in life. I love you (and your sweet smile and perfect hugs) more than I can express in words. 

Love,

Mom
xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is one if my favourite traditions.

      Delete
  2. So sweet! Thank you for sharing!
    And happy birthday to your sweet son!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....