Harry Potter Spell Books and Quills {with free printables}

Today I am excited to share another great DIY project from my son's Harry Potter party.  I made every guest their very own Harry Potter spell book and quill.  The kids LOVED them, and I was really pleased with how they turned out.


I started with inexpensive black duotang folders, and then I added some fun pages, including:

  • a cover page that said, "This Book Belongs to:", which allowed all the kids to add their names to their books.  I printed the intro page on some paper I found at the dollar store to add some color to the book without spending a lot of money on color printing.  








And, of course, little wizards need their own quills, so I used hot glue to attach feathers to ball point pens.  Cute, right?


These Harry Potter spell books were definitely one of the most loved elements of my son's 8th birthday party.  The kids even started making up their own spells and writing them in their books.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get the "automatically clean up the mess from the party" spell to work.  Maybe next time!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


PS (Find more DIY Harry Potter Party details here.)


*Enjoy my printables, but (as always), they are for personal use only.  I am providing them for free, and they are not meant for resale or for any profit-making endeavour.  

Also, please feel free to share this post, but do not link directly to the download.  Thank you!

14 comments:

  1. These are fun! We are big Harry Potter fans at my house. I'm pinning them on my business Pinterest board - our fans will love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I always appreciate people sharing my ideas. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you! These will be so fun for my daughter's birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the copyright belongs to JK Rowling. You can have the typeright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun ideas and great for middle schoolers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the templates. Looking forward to celebrating my son's 10 Birthday as he loves Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect for birthday party prepping! Great job! I modified these to be mini-books using DIY mini-booklets so I could pass out several to a large group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a printable for the 'This Spell Book Belongs To' page? Or, can you tell me how you made it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to make the quills! My daughter is having a Harry Potter party for her tenth and I'm going all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a really fun theme. Have a wonderful party!

      Delete
  9. Thanks! This was helpful for our HP party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! It's still one of my favourite party themes. :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....