DIY Music Party

My boys LOVE music.  So, when my oldest son turned five, a "Music" party was a no-brainer.  Of course, the goal was to plan something:  fun, memorable, and not expensive.  Here is a peek at our DIY Music party.


When the gates arrived, my son greeted them with a pair of "rock star" glasses and a backstage pass.  (I used self laminating luggage tags from the Dollar Store to make personalized back stage passes.)


Activity #1 - Decorating guitar shaped cookies - Each child decorated some to eat and some to take home.  I had some ziploc bags with pre-printed name labels so there wouldn't be any confusion when it was time to go home.


Activity #2 - Making musical instruments - We made guitars out of kleenex boxes, stickers, markers, elastics and rulers.  I used pre-printed name labels again to make sure everyone could identify their guitar at the end of the party.  


Activity #3 - Karoke - Every child had a chance to sing while the other children played instruments.  At the end of every performance, "The Star" received a medal.  


The Drum Cake -  My boys always look forward to their cake.  This one was super easy to make.  I decorated the sides with Smarties and Ovation (mint and chocolate) sticks, and topped the cake with two lollipop "drum sticks".  


Here is another cake that would work.  I got the idea here.  (I made this one for my middle child when he turned three.)


Don't you just love it when a party comes together?  :-)

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


*** If you like this post, you might like this one about Unique Loot Bag Ideas or these 5 Truly DIY Parties for Kids.





9 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea!! Love it!! The cake is perfect! Great job with the details super mom ;)

    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful party!! Love it ~ I love those....so adorable! Visiting (already following) from the Tues. hop & wanted to invite you to link up with our "Fun in the Sun" Hop every Monday throughout the summer:

    http://www.sweetdivamj.com/2011/06/berries-of-blue-fun-in-summer-sun-link.html

    Blessings to you,
    Jill @ Sweet Diva
    http://sweetdivamj.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the back stage passes!

    Following from the Help a Momma out party link up.

    Come follow mine too! I did a DIY party for my daughter last month. So many cute ideas out there!
    http://sewleelaa.blogspot.com/2011/05/going-bananas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable! music parties are always a lot of fun. i made one of those guitar cakes for my son's 6th birthday party last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I already commented ;) But wanted to say THANK YOU so much for linking up! So happy you did!! Again, AWESOME party and ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post. It Very nice Blog. It was a very good Blog. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge. Ask you to share good Blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing! You have such incredible ideas! Probably using this party theme for my son! THANK YOU! I hope you don't mind if I pin this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not! It was a lot of fun, and I hope your son loves it as much as mine did. :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....