Coffee Shop Chocolate Chip Muffins

Don't you just love the chocolate chip muffins they sell in coffee shops? Today I am sharing my favorite recipe for chocolate chip muffins. They taste like they came from a coffee shop, but you bake them at home for a fraction of the cost.


Note: This recipe is based on one I found at Little Sweet Baker. You can find her recipe here.

You'll need:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I like a high quality semi-sweet version)
1/2 cup melted (salted) butter (cooled)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk (I used 1% milk because that is all I buy... but you could use whole milk for a richer taste)
1 tbsp real vanilla extract

Then:

1) Grease a muffin tin, and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2) Whisk dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix in chocolate chips. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk the butter and sugars together. Then whisk in the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
4) Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and stir just until combined.
5) Divide the batter into muffin tins. If you use an ice cream scoop, you can evenly divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins.
6) Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Then, reduce heat to 375 degrees, and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.

Let the muffins cool slightly before removing them from the muffin tin... but they are delicious if you eat them when they are still warm.

I also freeze them individually, and pop them in my boys lunch bags when I need them.





These muffins really are delicious. My boys love them with a glass of cold milk, but I opt for a nice hot cup of coffee. If you give these chocolate chip muffins a try, let me know how they turn out. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

7 comments:

  1. oh these look so good!! you are right the ones in coffee shops are always yummy. but these are much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are very good. Give them a try, and let me know what you think.

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic! Do you happen to know the nutritional breakdown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, but they are definitely a treat... given the butter and sugar. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I make similar muffins with bananas. The kids can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe but my oven is so temperamental the baking times didn't work for me, so i need to readjust that but otherwise delicious muffins for sure ☺

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....