A {Simple} NEMO Cake

Finding Nemo is one of our family's favorite movies, so last time we watched it on family movie night, we decided to make a special cake to celebrate.  It's always a party if you have a cake... am I right?


It isn't fancy, but it was super-easy to make, and my boys thought it was awesome.  Here's how I made it:


1)  I used a cake mix to make a round cake and some cupcakes.  I allowed them to cool completely, and then I arranged them on the plate (as per the picture above).

2)  I frosted the cake with orange icing, and then used white icing and a piping bag to make some white "clown fish" stripes.

3)  I finished the cake by adding an eye -- a white chocolate wafer, a little icing, and a chocolate chip.

That's it... easy peasy!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


Disclosure:  I’m part of the Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I love the cake! It turned out great & it's so simple. GREAT JOB! Gonna be pinning this! <3 Heidi Rew from PartiesforPennies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's simplicity is my favorite part. :-)

      Delete
  2. The cake looks fabulous #disneyjuniormom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! Thanks for the movie info, we won't miss it :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....