Fall is such a great season. Who doesn't love the awesome weather, Thanksgiving and Halloween? To get me in the "Fall" spirit, I made this adorable felt pumpkin in just five minutes.
Cute, right? Want to make one?
- Orange felt
- Some cotton batting
- A little twig
- Some green ribbon
And, here's what you do:
1) Trace a circle onto a piece of felt, and cut it out. (I used a plate as a template.)
2) Draw some 1 cm lines (about 1.5 cm apart) around the perimeter of the circle. Then, use scissors to cut out slits where you have made the lines.
3) Weave ribbon in and out through the slits you have cut -- making sure both ribbon ends are outside of your circle when you are finished.
4) Add some stuffing, insert the stick (stem), and pull the ribbons ends tight.
5) Tie a bow to create a perfect little pumpkin. (PS - How cute is my four year old little pumpkin? :-)
These felt pumpkins are so quick and easy, you could easily whip up a pumpkin patch full!
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)