Custom DIY Fall Decor... for less than $10

I love decorating my porch for summer, but when the temperatures start to drop, I feel the need for a little seasonal update. I know my Fall decor will quickly be replaced by Halloween (and then Christmas) decorations, so I like to keep my updates easy and inexpensive. Today, I am sharing a piece of custom DIY Fall decor that I made for just $7! 


I started with a $4 frame from the dollar store, a piece of fall-themed scrapbook paper, some craft paint and a bit of scrap ribbon.


I painted the monogram red and set it aside to dry.


Then, I cut the scrapbook paper to fit my frame and inserted it behind the glass.


When the letter was completely dry, I used hot blue to attach it to the middle of the frame.


To finish, I used hot glue to attach brown ribbon (for hanging) to the frame .


Pretty cute for $7, right?!? Here's the cost breakdown for the monogram:

Dollar store frame: $4
Scrapbook paper: $1
Pressed wood letter: $2
Craft paint... had on hand
Ribbon... had on hand


I love this adorable piece of decor, and it was an super-easy DIY. How do you update your decor for Fall? I'm always looking for new inspiration!


Gina
 (aka East Coast Mommy)




You might also like this DIY wreath for Fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....