Birthday Letter to my Middle Son on His 13th Birthday

Every year, I take a little time to write my boys letters on their birthdays. The annual letters are my way of remembering exactly what they are like at each stage of their lives. I hope someday they will look back at their letters and see how special they were and how much I loved every year I got to spend with them. Today, my middle son turns 13... and here is his letter.


My sweet boy:

As you become a teenager, I can't help but wonder how you grew up so fast. I often think of you as a spunky toddler with crazy curls, but now you are almost as tall as I am. Time is passing quickly, but I am so proud of the young man you are growing up to be. Here are a few of the things that make you the special boy you are:

  • You are thoughtful and sensitive, and you are one of the most empathetic kids I know. I love your big heart.
  • You have a sparkle in your eyes, a fun spirit and a positive attitude.
  • You enjoy playing outside, being active, and being part of a team. You love hockey, golf, and basketball... anything with a ball or puck.
  • You dealt with living during a pandemic this year, and you handled it really well. Homeschooling was a bit of an adjustment, and you missed your friends, but you enjoyed the flexible schedule and the extra time with your family.
  • You love LEGO, the Toronto Maple Leafs, and playing with your friends, cousins, and brothers.
  • Even though you are 5'5", you still love to sit on my lap, cuddle me, and give me hugs. I hope it lasts!
You are stubborn when you feel strongly about something, but you are also very "go with the flow" and easy to get along with. Your balanced personality and kind heart will serve you well in life. I can't wait to see what you become.

I love you to the moon and back!

Love, 

Mom
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....