{Make Ahead} Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I am always looking for ways to get organized, and today I am sharing one of my favorite ways to simplify the "making lunches" process.  I make big batches of baked goods, individually package them, and pop them in the freezer.  Today, my four year old made our favorite Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.  


The recipe we use can be found at DianaDesserts.com (but we make "mini muffins", and reduce the baking temperature to 350 degrees).

I love three things about this recipe:

1)  The muffins are moist and delicious.

2)  It is a fun to bake them with kids.  "Little hands" can fill the tins with muffin liners, mash the bananas, and add and stir the ingredients.

3)  They make perfect "little treats" for school lunch boxes.  (I freeze them in individual snack bags, which makes them easy to "pop" into lunches each night.)


Give them a try, and let me know what you think.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

5 comments:

  1. I don't even know how I came across this blog...maybe a recipe exchange site. But I find it amazing that I am from Havre Boucher. Born and raised there, went to St.F.X. Graduated in '99 and now I'm living in Florida. Moved here in '99 after graduation and am married with 3 little kiddies too. Gonna bookmark your blog. I have one too....(same template!!)
    www.rachelle-ramblingsofarockstar.blogspot.com
    I have neglected mine for awhile. Time to get back to it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! I relate to your "I love NS" post. I am from Halifax, but lived in Toronto for 10 years before moving to Antigonish. I love it here. It is a great place to raise a family! :-)

      Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Gina

      Delete
    2. Hi. I am originally from Antigonish, but now live in Thorold (near Niagara Falls - about an hour from TO when the traffic is good!). My mother was from Havre Boucher (1940s). I am a SAHM to 9 yr old boy/girl twins. I love Gina's blog and have tried some of her crafts. I follow her on FB too. I have read thru some of Rachelle blog and can relate to a lot of it.

      I am a "breakfast mom" at my twins school. This week we are trying out banana/applesauce muffins...but I will try these out too with my own kids.

      Delete
    3. It REALLY is a small world. :-)

      Banana/Applesauce muffins sound great. I would love the recipe to try. Can you email it to me at EastCoastMommy@gmail.com?

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....