Backyard Safari

Last week I made some "safari" binoculars out of foam and felt, and I got a great idea.   Wouldn't it be fun to set up a backyard safari for my boys?


It was a simple idea, but it was a blast!  Here's how I did it:

1)  I found a package (with 5 identical sheets) of safari stickers.  I took one sheet, and attached the stickers to paper plates.

 

2)  I took the sheets of matching stickers, and I gave one to each of my boys.  I also gave each boy a clipboard and a sheet of paper.


3)  I went into the yard and hid all the plates.


4)  The boys took their clipboards, and they went in search of the paper plates.  When they found one, they took the matching sticker from their sheet of stickers and stuck it to their piece of paper. The goal was to find all the plates and move all the stickers onto their sheet of paper.


Fun, right?  I think it would be fun to hide little plastic animals and have the kids search for them.  I think we might try that next time.

Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I think I will use a version of this with my primary clsass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! My son is in Grade Primary, and he loved it!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a wonderful activity! I love your binoculars.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....