Pool Noodle Lightsabers

For my son's 7th birthday, I made all of the guests {20 of them} lightsabers out of pool noodles.  I have seen a ton of different versions floating around on the web, but today I am sharing my version.


Aren't they so cute?

Here is how I made them:

1)  My husband cut all the pool noodles in half using a utility knife.  Then, I used silver duct tape to create a handle.  I made a "criss cross" on the bottom.  Then, I wrapped four separate pieces around the noodle. 


2)  Then, I made a simple design using black electrical tape {see below}, and I added a little red sticker for a power button.


The pool noodles are great for little ones because they are so soft.


I think these the lightsabers were the highlight of our DIY Star Wars party.  I would highly recommend them for any Star Wars celebration.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

6 comments:

  1. cute idea, but make sure you give them out as kids are leaving. We received them at a party once & it was CHAOS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thanks for letting me share this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and your instructions are very clear-thanks! Where did you get the red sticker for the power button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at the dollar store. They come in a package with hundreds of red, green, yellow and blue stickers.

      Delete
  4. So cute! They look great! Did you put glow sticks inside them so they glowed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't, but that's a fun idea. I don't know how well it would work, but it's worth a try!

      Delete

I LOVE to hear from you.. Please leave me your comments below... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...