It's not too late for a little Christmas crafting with the kids. These 5 simple Christmas crafts are easy, inexpensive, and super-cute.
1) Toilet roll tree - This little tree is totally adorable, and the toilet roll allows it to stand on its own. Draw a simple tree shape onto cardstock, cut it out, color it, and add sparkly stickers. Then, cut a piece of toilet roll for the tree trunk, cut a couple of slits halfway down the sides, and insert the decorated tree into the trunk.
2) Santa beard - This Santa beard is just as fun to play with as it is to make. Download the template here. Then, cut out the beard, add a popsicle stick, and have the child cover the beard with cotton balls.
3) Gingerbread Man - This little ornament is adorable and easy to make. Download the template here. Then, have your little crafter decorate it with crayons, googly eyes, yarn scrapes, and buttons.
4) Tissue paper wreath - I love this simple tissue paper wreath, and it's a wonderful craft for the kids to do on their own (while you wrap some presents). Cut a circle out of the centre of a paper plate, and then have the kids crumple tissue paper squares, dip the tissue paper in glue, and attach them to the wreath.
5) DIY gift bags - I love a practical craft, and these DIY gift bags are fantastic. The kids can add a tree or reindeer to a plain brown bag (from the dollar store), and then use it to wrap a special Christmas gift.
All 5 of these Christmas crafts are perfect for kids of any age. I've done them all with larger groups too, and they are always a big hit!
Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)