Connect with me

Follow on Bloglovin

New Year's Eve Countdown Activities for kids

New Year's Eve with the kids can be a lot of fun... especially if you are prepared.  So, this year, I put together 8 countdown bags filled with fun surprises for the kids.


The plan is to let the kids open a bag every hour as we count down to midnight.  To make the bags, I used: regular brown lunch bags, colored cardstock, and a Sharpie.  I taped the clocks to the front of the bags, filled them with goodies, and stapled them shut.  Easy, right?

All the contents are inexpensive, but the boys will have a lot of fun opening each bag.  Here is what I used:


5:00pm - "Year in review" questionnaires, which you can find here.

6:00pm - Supplies to make New Year's Eve party hats.  {You can find the ones we are making here.}

7:00pm - Balloons from the Dollar Store... to decorate for the big countdown.

8:00pm - Cars from the Dollar Store. 

9:00pm - A little snack.

10:00pm - Noisemakers.

11:00pm - More noisemakers.

12:00am - Cookies and milk for a midnight toast.

We may actually start earlier than 5pm... as I doubt the kids will make it to midnight.  We'll see how things go!

Happy New Year!

♥ 

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* You can find me on facebook here.

9 comments:

  1. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing!:) I'm a mom of 4 and i will try this this year to keep them excited of the new years. But I think i will start early since their bed time is at 9 the latest and I don't think they would last past 10. Thnx keep posting, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rad! I love this idea. So glad I saw it before NYE.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I will be posting a 2013 Year in Review printable very soon! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic idea!! We are trying countdown bags this year for sure;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such a great idea!!! I have 7 countdown bags all ready for my 8-year-old daughter! For my activities, I have a make your own ball to drop, decorate party hats, a 2013 year in review (thanks to you!), a snack, noisemakers, beads and 2014 glasses, and then for midnight I have plastic cups to do a toast with grape juice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound great! I can't wait to put some together for this year. Just got back from buying a few fun treats! :-)

      Delete
  5. I can count new year day to be my one of the best days. We booked best new year eve party nyc venue and enjoyed like anything. the services were good too and it was amazing day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...