▼

Chocolate Banana Bread

About a year ago, I shared my mom's (no fail) banana bread recipe.  My boys love banana bread as an after school snack or as a treat in their lunches, so I use this recipe frequently, but this week I decided to "switch it up" a little.  I made Chocolate Banana Bread, and it was delicious.


Here's how to make it:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a large loaf pan.

2) Whisk together the following dry ingredients:
     2 cups of flour
     1/4 cup cocoa
     1/2 cup white sugar
     3 tsp baking powder
     1/2 tsp baking soda
     1/2 tsp salt
     1/2 cup chocolate chips

3) In a separate bowl, beat together:
     1 egg
     3/4 cup milk
     1/4 cup vegetable oil
     1 1/2 cup (approx 3 medium-sized) mashed ripe bananas 
     {mashing bananas is a perfect job for little helpers.}


4) Mix wet and dry ingredients thoroughly, and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes.

Enjoy... and let me know what you think!

♥
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment