To my sweet "baby" boy:
This was a big year for you, as you started "big school". It was a tough transition (for both us), but I am so proud of how far you came this year. You battled through your anxiety, you made lots of friends, and you excelled academically. I know you will continue to thrive as you enter Grade One (after we have a fantastic, fun-filled summer together).
On your 6th birthday, I want you to know that I am very proud to be your mom, and here are some of the reasons you are such a special little boy:
- You have a sweet smile, a gentle spirit, and adorable dimples.
- You love to crawl in bed with me for a "morning cuddle"... and I love it too!
- You have a fantastic time playing sports with your brothers, and you want to be a hockey player when you grow up.
- You love to eat crackers... especially while sitting on the couch watching "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".
- You are getting very grown up... but you still say "bees" instead of "because". I am guessing this cute habit won't last much longer, so I will enjoy it while I can.
- Your favorite color is green, and your favorite food is white cake with white icing.
- You stick your tongue out when you are concentrating.
- You can be shy and anxious in new situations and around people you don't know, but you are really starting to come out of your shell. I think starting school has helped you gain confidence.
- You still love to snuggle up and read stories... and now you are able to read to me. You love to read, and you are getting very good at it.
- You have a wonderful sense of humour, and you enjoy making Daddy, your brothers and I laugh.
I love you to the moon and back my darling angel, and I hope you have a fun time at your "Carnival" birthday party.
Lots of love,