My dearest, sweet "baby" boy,
This was another big year for you as you continued to work hard at conquering your anxiety in new social situations. Though you continue to be a cautious boy, you are willing to try new things, and you are getting more confident with each passing year.
On your 7th birthday, I want you to know that I am very proud to be your mom, and I want to share some of the reasons you are such a special little boy:
- You have a sweet smile, an awesome giggle, a gentle spirit, and adorable freckles on your nose and cheeks.
- You love to cuddle... especially if I am reading you one of your favorite stories.
- You have a love for reading, and you are getting really good at reading on your own. You are pretty proud of your ability to read "chapter books".
- You took part in a multi-sport program this year (12 sports in 10 months), and you learned a lot of new skills. Hockey and Tai Kwon Do were your favourites!
- You get pretty cranky when you get tired and/or hungry... but most of the time you are a sweet boy. ;-)
- You love riding your bike and playing sports with your brothers, and you want to be a hockey player when you grow up.
- You ask me for crackers a hundred times a day. I actually think you are happiest when you are sitting on the couch with a bowl of crackers watching a TV show.
- You are getting very grown up... but I still catch you saying "bees" instead of "because". It's pretty cute!
- You had a great year in Grade One. You loved your teacher, the new "month" song you learned each month, and the baby ducks you hatched in your class.
- Your favorite color is green... especially sea-foam green.
- You love white cake with white icing, and you often order vanilla ice cream when we go to an ice cream stand.
- You are a bit of a clown with a wonderful sense of humour. Dad, your brothers, and I are always laughing at your silly antics and your crazy dance moves.
I love you to the moon and back my darling angel, and I hope you will always know how grateful I am to be your mother.
Lots of Love,