To my oldest son:
I have no idea where the last ten years have gone. How on earth are you ten already? Although I wish I could slow down time, I couldn't be more proud of the young man you are becoming. You have a kind heart and a gentle spirit, and I am lucky to have you as my son.
Here are a few of the things that make you so special:
- You don't like to show affection in front of your friends, but sometimes I still get to snuggle with you on the couch, and I treasure those moments together.
- You love hockey... a lot! You play it, you watch it, you read about it, and you talk about it. You love watching Sports Centre each morning, and you are addicted to trading hockey cards.
- You always strive to do your best. You are often the smallest and the youngest, but you don't give up, and it makes Dad and I very proud.
- You and your brothers play together every day. You play sports, LEGO, games, mini sticks, Minecraft and more. You always find something fun to do together, and Dad and I love that you are such good buddies.
- You are a wonderful guitar player, and I am impressed with your focus and musicality.
- You still love peanut butter sandwiches, and it continues to be your favorite after-school snack.
- Your favorite color is blue, your hockey number is 11, and you aren't sure what you want to be when you grow up (though I am sure it will be something awesome!).
Happy birthday, my little angel. You may be into double digits, but you will always be my first baby.