Kids are naturally curious, and my boys are no exception. I believe that fostering childhood curiosity is very important, and science experiments are a perfect way for kids to explore their surroundings and the way things work. Today I am sharing 10 simple science experiments that are easy, inexpensive, and tons of fun!
1) Baking Soda Magic Trick - With a little help setting up this simple science experiment, the kids will love performing this trick for their friends. All you need for this simple experiment is baking soda, vinegar, some food coloring, and the instructions that you can find here.
2) Coloring Carnations - With a few carnations and food coloring, the kids can learn all about plants and how they absorb water. It's a simple and cheerful little experiment, and you can find all the instructions here.
3) Boats and Buoyancy - Building boats and learning about buoyancy is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon, and you can find all the information you need to know here.
4) Mentos Geyser - Messy experiments are always a big hit with kids. Grab some soda and Mentos, head outside, and create your own fountain of fun. You can find the full tutorial here.
5) Making Ice Cream in a Bag - The result of this science experiment is a yummy snack. With a few simple ingredients, kids can make their own ice cream in a bag. It's simple and delicious, and you can find everything you need to know here.
6) Exploding Sandwich Bag*
7) Balloon Magic*
8) Playing with Density*
9) Making Butter*
10) Film Cannister rockets.
* Experiments #6 to #10 are all great hands-on experiments for little ones, and you can find instructions for all of them here.
Exploring science with children can be a great way to foster their curiosity for learning. Which of these 10 simple science experiments will be most popular with your kids?
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)